Hello Everyone. Happy New Year!
If you are a frequent reader of this blog you know that I am big on goal setting and self-improvement. This year I plan on continuing my family ritual of setting goals for the new year. You can read this article that describes our family goal setting ritual.
You may also know that I am an avid reader (or listener cause I use Audible) of business and self-improvement books. In the past I have offered my review on a number of self-help and business books which I hope you have enjoyed.
- Emotional Awareness: Overcoming the Obstacles to Emotional Balance and Compassion
- Today Matters
- The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving Time, Energy, or Money?
This year as I reflect on 2018 and look ahead to 2019 I wanted to share two lists.
The first list is a list of books I have read in 2018 and the second is a list of books I have pre-purchased and plan to read for 2019.
I may publish individual book reviews in future articles so be on the look-out for those, but for now, I just thought it might be useful to share with you what I have read as well as share what I plan on reading. Perhaps you will find one of these titles interesting or perhaps you have already read some of these and care to share your impressions.
Here is the list of books I read in 2018
- Make Today Count: The Secret of Your Success Is Determined by Your Daily Agenda
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Getting Past No: Negotiating with Difficult People
- Principles: Life and Work
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Made to Stick
- Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
- Never Eat Alone, Expanded and Updated: And the Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
Here is the list of books I plan to read in 2019
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too
- Atomic Habits: Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- Exactly What to Say: The Magic Words for Influence and Impact
Of course, I may add or alter this list as the year goes on, but this should be a good start.
If you have read any of the books on either of my lists, I would love to hear what you thought. If you read (or are reading) something you thought was really great that is not on my list, I would love your recommendation too.
Happy New Year. I hope 2019 is a great year for you!
Thanks for reading. If you enjoyed this content, please feel free to browse my previous articles and please like, share, comment, and subscribe. This helps promote my content and is greatly appreciated.